Should You Consider Microsoft 365?
The story of Microsoft 365 unofficially starts with millions of individuals that still use workstations that run Windows 7. Microsoft had to come up with a plan to get the millions of people that didn’t upgrade to Windows 10 onto the platform before they retired Windows 7. What better way to accomplish that than making it easier than ever to upgrade?
Microsoft 365 is a cloud-based bundle that includes a virtual Windows 10 desktop, access to Microsoft 365 applications, OneDrive storage, and access to security features including device management and app and data security. It is the most comprehensive cloud-based package Microsoft offers and comes in three major products that have their own tiers. They are:
- Microsoft 365 Business
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise
- Microsoft 365 Education
For the modern business, cloud-based software can be very attractive. Microsoft 365 Business offers the following software:
- Windows 10 Pro – Operating system
- Windows 10 Business – Used to control devices and their security
- Windows AutoPilot – Used to streamline integration of Windows 10 PCs
- Microsoft Office – Productivity suite
- Word – Word processor
- Excel – Spreadsheet program
- PowerPoint – Presentation software
- OneNote – Note-taking software
- Outlook – Email manager
- Publisher – Periodical creator
- Access – Database management
- Exchange – Mail and calendar
- OneDrive – Cloud storage
- Skype for Business – Communications/Conferencing
- Microsoft Teams – Collaboration software
- SharePoint – Project management software
- Business Apps from Office – Additional Management Applications
- Bookings – Appointment software
- Outlook Customer Manager – Track and follow customer management
- Mile IQ – Mileage tracking
- Microsoft Invoicing – Invoicing program
Since the platform is completely designed for small and medium-sized businesses, the tools found in Microsoft 365 Business provide substantial value. Getting all of this for a small monthly expense has its own benefits, but if you need to move many users to the platform, a cost/benefit analysis will help you know whether you should upgrade to new infrastructure, or whether your organization will be better off choosing the cloud-hosted Microsoft 365 platform.
For larger organizations or for educators there are additional options. Microsoft 365 Enterprise is designed for larger businesses that need enterprise versions of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office, while getting advanced security features. Perfect for the enterprise project team that needs the computing resources to excel right away.
Microsoft 365 Education is designed for the classroom. Educators can provide more powerful tools, without the huge capital investment that many schools simply cannot afford. With Windows 10, Office 365, and OneDrive, each student will have the resources at their disposal to see a better outcome from their education.
If your business has been searching for a reliable tool that gives you access to some of the best technology on the market, call our consultants today at (702) 802-2800.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready... here are 2 ways I can help you maximize productivity and technological satisfaction, as well as reduce IT costs for your small to medium business:
Grab a free copy of our ebook
It’s the roadmap to combating cybercrime on an SMB budget. Get your ebook here https://www.iternalnetworks.com/cybercrime-ebook
Schedule a complimentary site survey
We will assess your current state of technology, as well as provide a detailed report on any insufficiency or costs that can be eliminated. Schedule your site survey here https://calendly.com/iternalnetworks